LOW-INCOME HOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has been in existence for over thirty years helping families pay a portion of their winter heating costs. Eligibility for the program is based on several factors including income, children, disabled, elderly, heat type and housing type. A one-time payment will be made to your heating company.
North Iowa Community Action Organization is here to help Low-income families survive after lost jobs, lack of employment opportunities, exhausted unemployment benefits and frozen Social Security benefits.
- Priority is given to elderly (60 & over) and disabled to apply October 1st - April 30th
- All other households can apply November 1st - April 30th
ADDITIONAL programs available through the LIHEAP office:
- Additional help with natural gas and electric bills and deliverable fuel purchases
- Assistance in the purchase and replacement of a furnace that is life-threatening for a homeowner
- Air Conditioner for medically needy
Please mail the application to the Outreach Office nearest you.